Friday, June 8, 2012

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. The other day, he fell asleep in the car on the way to Sydney's birthday party. When he woke up he announced "Mommy! I got some energy!"

4. One morning this week, he woke up and said "Mommy, I was rescuing animals with Diego!" "in your dream?" I asked. "Yes, in my dream!" he said, still excited.

3. Summer camp has a new rule that we drop the kids off at the inside door (not in the classroom, like usual). I thought Marino would object to this, but he seems full of pride when he kisses me goodbye and goes to put away his things on his own.

2. We're seeing my BFF, Sonia, and her family this weekend.

At bedtime last night, I asked Marino "Are you going to give Aunt Sonia a hug when you see her on Saturday?"

"Yeah!!" he said.

"What about Uncle Wil? Are you going to give him a hug, too?"

"No, no hug. I'm going to give him a dap."

1. The other morning, I was sighing, getting frustrated helping him put on his sneakers while he acted crazy. He asked me "Mommy, are you sure you're up for this?"
"Am I up for this?"
"Yeah, are you up for this job?"

No comments:

Post a Comment