Friday, May 11, 2012

Busy Weekend

We had a very busy but wonderful weekend. Saturday morning we got up early to set up for our community yard sale. Marino and I left Evan and Aunt Chelle to selling while we headed to a really fun birthday party at Wheaton Regional Park. The first part of the party the kids were entertained by an amazing magician. They loved it! They were laughing, shouting, cheering - they really had such a great time. The magician was pretty cool - he lit things on fire, pulled a bunny and even 2 doves from a hat! Marino still talks about the party about 15 times a day.
My boy as a magician!

They really loved the bunny!

Marino with 2 of his BFFs - Ike and Dylan (the birthday boy)

My handsome boy, needing a haircut.

After the magician and treats, we headed to a private train ride. The boys (the 6 of them seen here) are thick as thieves and these guys play like wild men together every day. We rode several train cars back...they are really growing up!
After the train ride, we all rode the carousel. Marino initially told me "Mommy, you can go wait over there" but once he realized how high up he was, he changed his mind. The rest of the day Saturday, Richelle and I prepared for a surprise bridal shower we hosted for Evan's (and Richelle's) cousin, Monique. And man, was she surprised! We threw it at her house and she was shocked when she came up the stairs and saw us!

I had a lot of fun at the shower. The ladies who came were so much fun (starting off the party by handing out margaritas and cosmos helped) and everyone bonded.

This is Monique on the left, and Richelle and I, hamming it up.
Instead of the old "toilet paper wedding dress" we used Project Runway paper dolls to produce a wedding dress for Monique. Make it work!!
She loves shoes, so the theme was "Head Over Heels"

I was sooooooo tired on Sunday! Luckily, Marino took a 2 hour nap with me and let me be lazy the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment