As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:
5. The other night, I came home from a run. "How was your run, Mommy?" Marino asked. "It was okay," I said, "it was just really humid." Marino asked "And the humans were running with you?"
4. The other day, Marino asked me to sit with him as he used the potty. He read me every page of Hop on Pop from memory, but included himself in the story on every page. He would pretend to eat Mr. Brown and Mr. Black's picnic food or save Pat from sitting on the cactus. Then he kissed me goodnight and said "Mommy, you're the best!"
3. Last week, I asked Marino what his favorite color was. "Red" he said "like Lightning McQueen and Iron Man."
2. The other day, we went to the park after work/school. The gnats were EVERYWHERE! Marino said "These bugs are like a ridiculous monster!"
1. On Monday, after Mother's Day, Marino asked me "Mommy, what are you getting me for Boy's Day?"