Sunday, September 30, 2012

Visit to Miami

One of my dear friends, Rachel, moved to Miami a couple years ago.  Lucky for me, ticket prices from Maryland to Miami are dirt cheap at the moment, so I booked myself a flight to visit her last week.  Her son, Averie, is 10 months old, and this was the first time I got to meet him.  He is the cutest thing I've ever seen.

 I mean, really, is this not a gorgeous baby?
Of course, Rachel is beautiful, too, so its only natural!
We headed over to Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, which I had wanted see. Wow, this place is amazing. Hard to imagine this was once someone's home.

Do you see this picture? The tongue? This boy is too precious!

Can you find the lizard?




Beautiful Spanish Moss

After our visit, we headed to Coconut Grove, where we walked down to the marina.
While looking down in the water, we saw a baby shark swim by!  So cool!
Happy boy!
It ended up raining and storming most of the time I was in Miami, but it was a blessing in disguise. I was battling a sinus infection and got lots of rest.  And lots of downtime meant Rachel and I got a chance to really reconnect.  And, of course, I got lots of good bonding time with sweet Averie!

Sunday morning we had a small break from the rain, so Rach and I went for a morning walk on the beach - across the street!
Gorgeous beach (Sunny Isles Beach)!
Rach and I - love her! We've been friends nearly 20 years.
Wrenford (Rachel's wonderful husband), Averie and Rachel. Cutest family!
Love these smiles!

Loved getting to snuggle this sweetie pie!

Can't wait to see them again in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment