Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Long Week

You know it is a busy week when I don't update the blog for 7 days! Last week was very busy. It was my last week of school for the semester and I had a final paper, presentation and a take home test to finish. Marino was also sick again this week.

On Wednesday, daycare called to tell me something must be wrong with him because he wasn't smiling;) We had an audiology exam scheduled at Georgetown for the next day (a formality, since hearing loss is common with bacterial meningitis, but I think Marino has excellent hearing). Thursday morning he woke up with a fever so I rescheduled the test and took him to see Dr. Rahman. She said he had (another) ear infection and put him on a stronger antibiotic than the one he took last month. Thursday night was tough. Marino's fever wasn't going down even with Tylenol and he kept moaning and letting out little cries (moaning was the only symptom he had with the Group B Strep/sepsis/meningitis). Evan and I were pretty freaked out but we alternated Tylenol and Motrin and by Friday morning he was back to his old self.

Yesterday we had Waterbabies and then I went to my friend Sandra's baby shower. I learned my lesson after the last shower and left Marino with Evan. Sandra is the wife of Ishmael, one of Evan's closest friends. Their baby is due July 9th, so he may share a birthday with one of the 3 of us (Marino, Evan and I all have birthdays between July 3rd and July 8th). We're excited to meet their little one, Baby A.J. After the shower, I finished my take home exam, so I am now done with school until September 1st!!

Today our photographer friend Dave came over and took pictures of baby Raiden and my friend Robyn's baby, Ryan. It was great to see the 3 boys playing together. Dave did pictures of Marino earlier in the week, so I am really looking forward to seeing how they turn out and I will post a ton on the blog, of course.

Later this afternoon, we went over to my Aunt Kerry's house for a cookout. My grandfather was there and he got a chance to meet Marino for the first time. We also got a chance to see some of my uncles and cousins. Pacey was there, too...she and Marino love each other and the two of them together is double trouble!

Here is Marino with his Great Grandpap


Here is my grandfather with all of his great grandkids: Kiera, Jamia, Marino, Pacey and Erica


Pacey and Marino getting into trouble...chewing on remotes

I love Marino's face in this picture, like he is just too cool...

Playing with plastic bags

Unfortunately, Marino seems to be coming down with another little cold but no fever has appeared yet, thankfully. We are really looking forward to going to NY next weekend for Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment