As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:
5. Leaving the park the other day, we saw a bunny. Marino picked up some leaves and said, "Come here little bunny, I have some nice green leaves for you." Of course, as we got closer, the bunny ran away. Marino said, "Aw, man, he must think I only have old leaves."
4. The other day, Marino said, "Mommy, Gramma is so nice. She does all the things I want."
3. I went backpacking for a few days in Georgia and was gone a total of 6 days. Since I've gotten home, Marino periodically says "Mommy, I missed you so much when you were hiking. I missed you for 2000 days."
2. The boy loves robins. He gets so excited every time he sees one and always tries to catch it, even though he never comes close.
1. Marino has changed a lot just in the past couple months. He was always the kid who needed a bit to warm up to people..he would sometimes be shy with kids he didn't know, but mainly with new adults. He's gotten past that and has lately took an immediately liking to people. At our friend Uli's birthday party, he waltzed right up to a couple of girls and told them his name and asked them to play. He immediately loved Joelle and Maggie, he launched right into wrestling Ryan's dad and asked Uli's dad for a piggyback ride at the park the other day. I'm fine with the cautious Marino, but its nice to see him open up and share his fun with other people. I love him so much. He truly is one of a kind.